Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Does Life Get Any Better Than This?

Being a mama. Who knew how terribly hard and wonderful it would be? I think back to before I had children, what like, nine or a million years ago...and I don't really remember it. I mean I do, but I don't remember feeling it.

Now, don't misunderstand me. Marrying my husband was in the top like 2 decisions I've ever made. He is my perfect match, my partner-in-crime, my shining star. Life without him, I can't imagine, and to say that I am thankful that God put us together, is an understatement. (I would say he completes me, but I just can't say it!)

Being a mother though, it's a love of a different kind. It aches and protects, admires and sustains. The love of the nurturing sort. Such extremes we moms face, wonderful days to very very bad days!

We're moving again - a post for another day, let me tell you! But I had a moment of thankfulness today, when in the packing and disorder and toys and boxes and snack remains strewn around, I looked over to see my three beautiful girls just loving each other. I didn't ask them to love each other, they just 'were'. The three perfect angelic lovelies, the reason I live and breathe, were perfect in their loveliness.

And then, as is all motherhood stories, shortly after I snapped this photo, Ivy started jumping on the mattress (that is now on the floor since we're moving) causing Charlotte to fall over and Kiki (the pug) was racing around like a crazed psycho puppy, trampling her while Sophia chased her around the room, trying to help, but making it all much much worse.

Moment gone, but not forgotten.

When I think about what I deserve, it's not three beautiful children and a loving husband. I don't deserve this life that I was given. But given it I was, and today the gratefulness overwhelms me.

Really, I ask you. Life, does it get any better than this?

3 comments:

  1. No! Life doesn't get any better!! Those moments make it all worthwhile!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Does it get better than being surrounded by the people we love most in the world, walking this path towards becoming like Him together? Not on this earth!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anne...here here! I completely agree... :)

    ReplyDelete